Here were the questions from a virtual trivia game December 8, 2021:
1) Beds – What word of Japanese origin describes a type of flat mattress that can be used on the floor or on a wooden frame that can often be folded to make a sofa?
2) Memorials – In April 2021, the national memorial to what war officially opened in Washington, D.C., in a location that was previously known as Pershing Park? FB clue.
3) Movie Settings – The fictional town of Hill Valley, California, is the main setting of films in what franchise?
4) Lit Quotes – According to a quote from the novel Don Quixote), “There is a remedy for all things but” what? I was talked out of the correct answer…
Name four of the five American women who have won at least five total medals in artistic gymnastics at the Olympics, ahead of Dominique Dawes, Shawn Johnson, and Gabby Douglas, among others.
We managed to get two of these gymnasts correct. We put in “Harlene Quinzel” as one of our guesses.
1) Capitals – Pyongyang is the capital and most populous city in what country?
2) Singers – The only #1 single on the Billboard Hot 100 by Mark Ronson is a 2014 single featuring vocals by what singer?
NERD POINT: What song featuring Miley Cyrus is Ronson’s only other charting Hot 100 single?
4) Mythology – What mythological creature has the body, tail, and back legs of a lion and the head and wings of an eagle?
4) Beverages – In celebration of its 50th anniversary in 2015, what beverage brand reintroduced its Citrus Cooler flavor for a limited time, complete with a retro bottle?
Mystery Round: Add ‘Em Up
Each answer will be a number. Those four numbers will add up to 133.
M1) Number in the title of a 2003 romantic comedy starring Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey
M2) Number in the name of the band most closely associated with Frankie Valli
M3) Number of years of solitude in the title of a 1967 novel by Gabriel García Márquez
M4) Number amendment to the U.S. Constitution that granted women the right to vote
Among the scheduled bowl games at the conclusion of the 2021 NCAA Division I college football season are four that are played in MLB stadiums.
Name two of the four MLB stadiums where those games are scheduled to be played.
Nope. Wagered zero, and moved up from fourth to third.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Mary Lou Retton!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – Game #610 – December 8, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
futon, ww1, back to the future, death
north korea, bruno mars/nothing breaks like a heart, griffin, gatorade
simone biles, ally raisman, nastia liucin, mary lou retton, shannon miller
10, 4, 100, 19
final – petco park, chase field, fenway, yankee