Here were the questions we had in a virtual trivia game December 4, 2021:
1) Olympics – What is the most recent U.S. city to host a Summer Olympic Games?
2) Food – Although modern technologies, both in refrigeration and shellfish farming, have made the advice moot, it was long suggested that oysters should only be eaten in months that contain what letter in their names?
3) Words – What seven-letter word that refers to the territorial jurisdiction of a bishop is derived from the Greek for “administrative division”?
4) Actors – Krishna Bhanji is the birthname of what actor, who won an Academy Award for his performance as the title character in the 1982 film Gandhi?
Name the board game based on the definition of a word that is also the title of the game.
M1) Noun. The part of the skull that encloses the brain
M2) Noun. The art and practice of conducting negotiations between nations
M3) Noun. A state or condition of distress, annoyance, or difficulty
M4) Verb. To start with fright or amazement; Be overwhelmed
1) TV Networks -Name one of the two TV networks that were combined to form The CW in 2006.
NERD POINT: Name both.
2) Money – From the 1600s until the adoption of the euro in 2002, what did the Netherlands use as its national currency?
3) Performers -In 2016, what woman became the first person to have performed at a Super Bowl, the Grammy Awards, and the Academy Awards all in the same year?
4) Folklore -The Yeti, or Abominable Snowman, is a creature of folklore that is said to live in what mountain range?
Final: George Washington Carver and Booker T. Washington are among the notable people who were laid to rest in a cemetery on the campus of what school?
Got this, moved up to third from fourth.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Jane Fonda!