It was a spicy virtual trivia game on November 30! Not to give any other spoilers, but we got a “put these in order” final question correct, which is always exciting! We also didn’t do half bad on a mystery round about NFL MVPs! Thankfully I knew one of the names from paying attention to “Family Guy.” Hey, any amount of pop culture absorption helps on trivia nights, doesn’t it?
Here were the questions:
1) Anatomy – The mitral, tricuspid, aortic, and pulmonary valves are all located in which organ of the human body? Was this a trick question?
2) TV Settings – What animated series that aired on Fox from 2009-2013 is primarily set in Stoolbend, Virginia? Its logo looks very phallic…
3) Companies – What car rental company founded by Jack C. Taylor was named for the aircraft carrier on which he served during World War II? Mike came up with the right guess right away…woot!
4) Albums – What singer has released four albums that reached #1 on the Billboard 200, including Raymond v. Raymond in 2010 and Looking 4 Myself in 2012? No clue, miss.
Name the “P” word that fills the blank in the title of each given work of literature.
M1. _ Lost by John Milton
M2. _ Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
M3. The _ of a Lady by Henry James
M4. The _ Tollbooth by Norton Juster
Got all of these.
1) Sports Movies – In what 1984 film does Robert Redford play a fictional baseball player who uses a bat named “Wonderboy,” which was carved from a tree that had been struck by lightning?
NERD POINT: What is the name of this character?
Got the points but not the bonus.
2) Cities – What is the northernmost city in the U.S. with a population of at least 100,000 people. Made right guess here.
3) Inventions – What heat-resistant synthetic fiber was invented by chemist Stephanie Kwolek in 1965 and first used commercially as a replacement for steel in racing tires? This was something I remember my dad talking about before – see what I said about paying attention and stuff? 🙂
4) Board Games – On a standard Monopoly game board, what is the second-most expensive property?
Among the following list of seven NFL players, name the four who were named MVP of a Super Bowl in which Tom Brady also played. Teams will receive two points for each correct answer.
Got two of these correct (sorry did not write down all of the correct answers). We put Julian Edelman because Lois Griffin mentioned being hot for him in a Family Guy episode.
Final Category – Spicy Food
Put the following peppers in order according to their average hotness on the Scoville scale from the least hot to the hottest.
This was all Mike (he used to grow peppers in our garden). We managed to move up from sixth to fourth.
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Gronk!
2 thoughts on “Trivia Recap – Game #606 – November 30, 2021 – Virtual/Streaming”
heart, cleveland show, enterprise, usher
the natural/roy hobbs, anchorage, kevlar, park place
paradise, pippi, portrait, phantom
did not write down all of these but edelman was one
final – poblano, jalapeno, serrano, cayenne
The answer to second mystery round is Eli Manning, Julian Edleman, Dion Branch and Nick Foles