Other than flunking both mystery rounds entirely (got one right in the second one) plus the final question, we did pretty well in a virtual trivia game we played recently! Yeah…a spin doctor, I am not! What a wake up call though – we really don’t know much about lady singers who aren’t Babs – and don’t know much about burgers, either! Seriously, what business do we have attempting to compete in trivia games if we don’t know how old White Castle Sliders really are (the answer might surprise you)!
Here were the questions we had in a recent virtual trivia game:
1) Words – What word for a robot designed to look like a human is also the name of Google’s mobile phone operating system?
2) Games – In what party game with a name from French do players guess a word or phrase from pantomimed clues? Yes, I’m giving the answer away, but I have to say it because I’m a Pink Floyd fan: “Charade, you are!”
3) Actresses – From 1964 until her death in 2005, what Academy Award-winning actress, who appeared in the films The Miracle Worker and The Graduate, was married to Mel Brooks?
NERD POINT: What character did she play in The Miracle Worker? My triviagasm moment, “Put the answer in exactly as I have it written.”
4) Announcers – Rod Roddy, who served as a game show announcer from 1979-2003, has what three-word phrase inscribed on his tombstone? That is a dark sense of humor right there…
Got all of these correct, but here comes a mystery round to ruin all of that:
Mystery One – Visual
1) Novel Series – What word completes the title of a series of over 20 James Patterson novels, first published in 2001?
Women’s _ Club
2) Presidents – Prior to her impeachment in 2016, Dilma Rousseff was the president of what South American country?
3) U.S. States – Which U.S. state borders Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and the Canadian province of Quebec?
4) Geology – What is the ten-letter geological term which defines rock or soil that has been below the freezing point for two or more years?
Answer the following questions about songs by women.
M1) Name either song by Celine Dion with a title beginning with the letter “i” that reached the top two of the Billboard Hot 100.
M2) Name either song by Mariah Carey with a title beginning with the letter “D” that reached the #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
M3)Name either song by Barbra Streisand with a title beginning with the word “The” that reached the top three of the Billboard Hot 100.
M4) Name either song by Lady Gaga with a title beginning with the letter “A” that reached the top five of the Billboard Hot 100.
Yeah, you know we’re super old and not hip to the recent music scene when the only one we got right was the one about Barbra Streisand!
Final Category – The Arab World
Final: There are 23 countries in which Modern Standard Arabic is an official language or co-official language, the most populous of which is Egypt, with over 100 million residents.
Name two of the next three most populous countries in Africa in which Modern Standard Arabic is an official language, all of which are more populous than Tunisia.
We got one of the correct nations, but not both.
Until the next virtual game, as always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Eric Cartman!
One thought on “Trivia Recap – November 29, 2021 – (Game # 605) – Virtual/Streaming”
android, charades, anne bancroft/annie sullivan, come on down
murder, brazil, vermont, permafrost
Sorry, I didn’t write all of these answers down for the first two, the titles were really long. The last two answers are The way we were/the main event, and aljandro/applause
final – algeria, sudan, morocco