I don’t have a whole lot of time, so this will be a slam bam thank you ma’am style trivia recap (in other words, just the questions). Answers might be added in later – I have a virtual game coming up in about 20 minutes. Here goes:
1) Characters – Mitchell is the last name of what title character introduced in 1951 who has elderly neighbors named George and Martha Wilson?
2) Emmy Awards – Gwyneth Paltrow earned a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for her role as substitute teacher Holly Holliday on what TV series that aired from 2009-2015? Miss, but no wonder, we’ve never seen a single episode of this show.
3) Song Titles – What band that formed in 1977 has released charting songs on the Billboard Hot 100 with titles that include the words “Message,” “Magic,” and “Breath”?
4) Horses – Other than ambling gaits, name one of the two horse gaits that have speeds between walk and gallop.
NERD POINT: Name both.
Got both parts.
Visual Mystery – November birthdays
1) U.S. States – Of the U.S. states with names that begin with a vowel but do NOT end in a vowel, which one extends farthest east?
2) Wine – What Tuscan wine was traditionally served in a short, wide bottle inside of a straw basket called a fiasco?
3) 90s Movies – What 1999 film features an original score that includes the tracks “Threat Mix,” “Exit Mr. Hat,” and “Mix the Art,” all of which are anagrams of the movie’s title?
4) Comedy – What improvisational sketch comedy group that formed in the early 1990s is commonly known by its initials, UCB? Took us a bit, but we got it.
M1) Candace, Perry the Platypus, and Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, in addition to the title characters
M2) Ryder, Chase, Marshall, and Rocky
M3) Wimpy, Swee’Pea, and Brutus, in addition to the title character
M4) Billie, Pharfignewton, and Larry, in addition to the title characters
Missed #2. We were in fourth going into the final with 46 points.
Final category – Directors
Name two of the three films released in the last ten years for which a woman has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Director.
Dayum, I know a couple of female directors, but their works haven’t been nominated in that time frame. Fail…
As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Perry the Platypus!