EDITOR’S NOTE: I was not “virtually” present for this game. A friend of mine “spotted” these questions to me today. I do not have the answers. I’ll only provide minimal commentary…
- Lead Singers – Commonly known by a single name, who is the lead vocalist of The Smiths, who were active from 1982-1987?
FROM KIM: “We needed you Heather.” Yes, I would’ve known this…
2. Albums – Other than Thriller, what is the only studio album released by Michael Jackson in the 1980s?
3. Lyrics – What 1983 song that hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 includes the following lyrics?
“I don’t know what to do and I’m always in the dark. We’re living a powder keg and giving off sparks. I really need you tonight.”
4. Platinum – What band’s only single to be certified platinum by the RIAA is “Fishin’ in the Dark”?
5. Guitarists – Who is the rhythm guitarist and backing vocalist of the band that released the 1980s albums Spreading the Disease, Among the Living, and State of Euphoria and whose lineup also includes Charlie Benante, Frank Bello, and Joey Belladonna? We needed you Heather or Mike
I was able to name the lead singer of the band when I learned the answer, but wouldn’t have been able to name any other band members.
6. Music Videos – What band produced a 1982 music video directed by Tim Pope that utilizes English folk revival imagery, with characters in the video repeatedly forming their arms into an “S” pattern? DEEP, DEEP CUT. Where is my mercurochrome?
7. Artists – (AUDIO) What is the highest-charting and most well-known song by the artist heard in the following clip? She sent a link with a clip (below), but alas, I couldn’t play it…
8. Soundtracks – Singles released by New Order, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Suzanne Vega with Joe Jackson, and The Psychedelic Furs are featured on the soundtrack to what film? I will always remember my friend Diane from high school for making a cassette copy of this soundtrack and giving it to me. It was very influential in my future musical tastes! I wonder whatever became of her…
9. Titles – Other than “Heat of the Moment,” name any two of the five singles by Asia that charted on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 1980s. I’ll always remember the time I went on a first and last date with a guy who liked Asia (though for the record his poor taste in music was not the only reason I didn’t go out with him again).
10. Walking – According to the title and lyrics of a 1983 album and single by Katrina and the Waves, where is Katrina walking?
Given the main title of a song, identify the words that are in parentheses in the title of that song.
1. “Against All Odds” by Phil Collins (Six words)
2. “All Night Long” by Lionel Richie (Two words)
3. “I’ll Be Loving You” by New Kids on the Block (One word)
4. “Morning Train” by Sheena Easton (Three words)
The record for most weeks spent by an album on the Billboard 200 before reaching #1 is 64, set by a 1988 debut album by what solo artist?
Album tracks not released as singles include “State of Attraction” and “I Need You.”
One thought on “Trivia Recap – ’80s Music Theme – (Virtual/Streaming) – Saturday, October 10, 2020”
I got more than I thought….