My “quarantine partner” slash husband and I weren’t the only ones having difficulties with the Tuesday night question set offered in Sporcle Live’s “virtual” trivia games presented via Zoom. There were also some technical difficulties…lots of echoing voices from other players, the host didn’t seem to know how to mute the other players when they were talking and the show ran overly long. Which was to be expected with so many “newbs” in the mix! Oh well, this “virtual” trivia is still kind of a new thing, and we’re all trying to get a hang of the software and that pesky, pesky “mute” button!
We blew the entire mystery round, only got three regular round questions correct and put in a ridiculous guess as our answer for the final question!
Tonight, we’ll be giving the virtual trivia a try again, this time with our “third man” Brad in the mix! Let’s hope we’ll fare a bit better…
Here are the questions…
1. 2019 Films – In a 2019 film, Ryan Reynolds voices what video game character in the role of a detective?
Mel Gibson, Michelle Pfeiffer and Kurt Russell all preparing to have a threesome in the movie Tequila Sunrise (JK)!
2. Cocktails – A tequila sunrise cocktail is three parts tequila, one part grenadine and six parts what fruit juice?
3. #1 Songs – Within one, in what year did Whitney Houston begin a string of releases of seven consecutive #1 songs on the Billboard Hot 100, including “Saving All My Love For You” and “The Greatest Love Of All?” Miss for eight! First sign of trouble – blowing a question about ’80s music for big points!
4. South America – The southernmost point on the South American mainland is Cape Froward in what country? Torn between two possibilities, picked the wrong one.
5. Astronomy – Vesta, Pallas and Hygiea are classified as what kind of object by the International Astronomical Union?
6. Jewelry – What American jewelry company founded in 1837 has used the slogan “Diamonds By the Yard?” We put down a jewelry company… not the right one.
7. Theme Songs – Who sings the opening theme of the Fox sitcom “Married…With Children?” Knew it was one of two crooners and guess what? Picked the wrong one!
8. Book Series – Published in 2000, what is the first book in a series by Dan Brown that features a protagonist named Robert Langdon? Am I supposed to know the name of more than one of these books???
9. Words – According to the Oxford English Corpus, what “w” verb is the most commonly used five-letter word in the English language? All teams missed this…
10. Consoles – What video game console originally released a controller with A, B, and C buttons, followed by an updated version with added X, Y and Z buttons alongside the release of “Street Fighter 2?” Close but no cigar…
Mystery – Last Three Albums
Name the band or artist based on their last three studio albums:
M1 Crash My Party, Kill the Lights, What Makes you Country
M2 – Believe, Purpose, Changes
M3 – Vessel, Blurryface, Trench
M4 – Nothing Was the Same, Views, Scorpion
Miss, miss, miss, miss…
Final Category – Super Bowls
For the first time ever in a virtual game, we wagered zero…
Of the eight NFL divisions, which one is made up of franchises that have combined to win the Super Bowl the most times?
We put NFC East North Southwestern….or something equally absurd (our guess was actually close)!
Might be playing Saturday with hopefully even MORE teammates! Go Pods, and stay classy, Kurt Russell!