Mike and I did trivia battle as a “power couple” Wednesday night in a Sporcle Live virtual zoom show hosted by John C., a Chicago-based host. My only memory of ever having met this host was when he subbed in a show at Original Gravity Brewing Co. in Milan (I believe it was a venue tournament game). The players at the bar that night all seemed to be impressed with his performance! Also impressive was his willingness to do the long drive (presumably from the Chicago area) to the little ‘ol town of Milan, MI!
My trivia pardner Mike and I took a very relaxed approach to this game…
1. Movie Quotes – In what 1999 film does James Van Der Beek play a character who yells, “I don’t want your life’ to his father?” Never saw the movie, but we still made the right guess!
2. Mythology – Hephaestus was the god of what? Multiple choices were given on this question, which I did not photograph…Mike was all over this.
3. World Series Winners – In the decade of the 2000s (2000 to 2009), how many different American league teams won the World Series? Mike of all people made the right guess here!
Goofing off for the Zoom cameras…
4. Biology – What is the term for the fluid-like material found inside a cell that includes the organelles, but not the nucleus? Yep.
5. Singers – What rapper, singer-songwriter and record producer has released two solo albums – In My Mind in 2006 and Girl in 2014? Nope.
6. TV Actresses – What actress played the title role on the NBC sitcom “Veronica’s Closet” from 1997 to 2000? Yep.
7. Book Characters – Greenleaf, Brandybuck, Wormtongue and Gamgee are surnames used in works by what author? Yep.
8. Borders – Name two of the three countries that border both Germany and Italy. Yep.
9. Pastries – What long pastry, usually filled with cream and topped with chocolate icing, gets its name from the French for “lightning?” Yep.
10. Money – Which U.S. coin denomination features a depiction of an olive branch, oak branch and torch on its reverse side? Yep.
Mystery – Athletes in 1996 Comedy Films
Name the comedy movies that were released in 1996 featuring the following athletes – Lee Trevino, Roger Clemens, Shaquille O’Neal and Jim Brown.
I think we only got a couple of these correct…cursed ourselves for not knowing the Jim Brown film!!!
Standings heading into the final (we played under the name It’s a Global Pandemic Charlie Brown):
Final Category – Music in TV
Jazz musician Vince Guaraldi is best known for writing the score to more than a dozen TV program based around characters created by what person?
Next trivia show will be Friday…or Saturday! As always, Go Pods, and stay classy, Pharrell Williams!