It’s October 30, which means it’s “Devil’s Night!” Or…Halloween eve? Or my friend Brad’s birthday (happy birthday, Brad)!
Sounds better coming out of David Patrick Kelly, aka “T-Bird” in the 1994 movie The Crow. Can you guess what kind of car he drove in the movie?
Devil’s Night Trivia Quiz
All correct responses will have something to do with Devil, Satan, the Great Hoofed One, etc.
- Actors – Identify the actor whom has NEVER played Satan on film. Multiple choice – Robert DeNiro, Tom Hanks, Elizabeth Hurley or Al Pacino.
- Songs – In what Rolling Stones song would you find the lyrics, “I’m pleased to meet you…I hope you guessed my name?”
- Animated TV – In the Simpsons Halloween short “The Devil and Homer Simpson,” Flanders is revealed to be Satan – and selects a “jury of the damned” to decide Homer’s fate after he eats a “soul doughnut.” Name any one of the people/groups of people on that jury. Name two or more for an extra point each.
- Rock Bands – Which ’80s rock band recorded “Devil Inside,” which peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts in 1988?
- Zodiac – What is your Western zodiac sign if you are born on Devil’s Night?
- Foreign Words – What is the Spanish word for devil?
- Football – What European nation’s national soccer team uses the nickname “Red Devils?”
- Company Names -What company, founded in 1822, is best known for its canned products – mainly deviled ham – with its products featuring a red devil on the labels?
- Numbers – What three-digit number is supposedly the sign of the devil, according to multiple sources?
- Animated TV (part deux) – On an episode of Futurama, Fry makes a deal with the devil and in exchange gets the use of what body part(s) belonging to the devil?
Mystery – Before and After
- Name of 1990 mystery novel by Water Mosley and three-letter name of Madonna’s sixth consecutive top 5 single in The United States
- Synonym for Satan beginning with the letter B and name of guy who would NOT shut up about shrimp in Forrest Gump.
- Name of 1987 film in which Robert DeNiro plays Satan and 1899 Joseph Conrad
- Name of 1979 song by the Charlie Daniels Band song and name of band recording the 1986 hit song Keep Your Hands To Yourself
Final Category – Literature
Excluding anger, greed, gluttony and lust – which coincide with the “Seven Deadly Sins,” name any three of the other five layers of Hell as outlined in the “Inferno” section of The Divine Comedy by Dante.