Way back in middle school, I learned the names of all of the books of the New Testament thanks to the teacher using the song Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star as the basis for the “lesson.” To this day, it’s still one of my “party tricks.” I keep hoping that one day we’ll be asked about the books of the New Testament in a trivia game, but as of yet, that has not happened…
All of the answers in this trivia quiz will be tied in with the names of the books of the New Testament (though some of the names might be nicknames and there may some minor differences in spellings of names). You’ll probably do better than you think! It’s really more of a “names” quiz than a bible quiz. Let’s see you do!
1. Photographers – First name of 19th century photographer famous for his U.S. Civil War photographs and for his portraits of Abraham Lincoln.
2. Guitarists – First name of the lead singer and guitarist for Dire Straits (seen above).
3. Soap Operas – First name of the male in an early 1980s General Hospital “supercouple” whose televised wedding ranks #35 on TV Guide’s list of 100 most memorable TV moments.
4. Novelists – First name of the author of East of Eden, Cannery Row and Tortilla Flat, among other works
5. Theater – Word describing a segment of a performance, such as a play or opera.
6. Directors – First name of the director of films including Chinatown, Rosemary’s Baby and The Pianist (2002).
7. Materials – Type of leather frequently described by Ricardo Montalban in 1970s Chrysler commercials.
8. World Cultures – Word describing people of the Hellenistic period between 280 and 64 BC that dwelt mainly in the north central regions of Asia Minor or Anatolia, in modern day Turkey.
9. Actors – First names of famous actors with the last names Lorre and O’Toole.
10. Languages – Official language of the country of Israel.
11. Book Characters – First name of main protagonist created by author Ian Fleming.
12. Hippies – First name of American psychologist and writer known for advocating the exploration of the therapeutic potential of psychedelic drugs under controlled conditions – also the godfather of Winona Ryder.
13. Actors – First name of “Jack and Diane” singer, first name of the 35th president of the United States and first name of Full House actor formerly married to Rebecca Romijn.
14. Actors – First name of actor whose credits include The Talented Mr. Ripley, A.I. and Cold Mountain.
15. Words – 10-letter word beginning with the letter “r” meaning the revealing or disclosing of some form of truth or knowledge through communication with a deity or other supernatural entity or entities.