Today is the birthday of Brad, who is one of the “key” members of my trivia team Miskatonic University Fighting Cephalopods. In honor of this glorious day, here’s a set of trivia questions tailored specifically for him! Happy Birthday, Brad! Let’s see how your knowledge measures up to his strange, strange knowledge areas!
1. Defunct Sports Teams – Name two mascots that were used with American Basketball Association teams that are NOT currently being used as mascot names with any of the ‘big four” sports teams. Name a third team for an extra point.
2. Canada – Name all three of the geographic entities categorized as “territories” for Canada. Name at least one capital city for any of these.
3. Best in Show – “Hickory” was the name of what specific dog breed that won “Best in Show” in the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in 2011? Hint: Brad owns dogs of this breed.
What dog breed are these?
4. Costumes – For what “Star Wars” inspired costume did Brad win $100 bucks from a local watering hole in 2010? Multiple choice- a. Ewok b. R2-D2 c. Jawas d. Salacious Crumb
5. NFL Teams – What is Brad’s favorite NFL team, which began as an expansion team in 1967?
6. Capital Cities – Nicosia is the capital of what European nation?
7. TV – For what long-running sitcom does Brad posses the most “encyclopedic” knowledge of? Multiple choice a. Friends b. Seinfeld c. Cheers d. Everybody Loves Raymond?
8. Movies – What 2001 film’s plot revolves around a fictional band headed by a lead singer who had a botched sex change operation?
9. Electronic Devices – What is the name of the device made of two metal antennas and a knob, commonly used for providing eerie sound effects in science fiction movies and in the Star Trek theme song?
10. Ireland – Name any one of the four counties in Ireland that share their names with counties in Michigan.
Mystery – Match the following characters from Seinfeld with the quotes – Jerry, Kramer, Elaine, George
1. “If you’re not gonna be a part of a civil society, then just get in your car and drive on over to the East Side.”
2. “Boy, a little too much chlorine in that gene pool.”
3. “Get OUT!”
4. “I don’t think I’ve ever been to an appointment in my life where I wanted the other guy to show up.”
Final Category – Super Bowl
Name both years in which the Cincinnati Bengals appeared in an AFC Conference championship.