The year 2018 is almost halfway in the can, so I thought I’d take a look at some of my blog statistics! If you need something to read to help lull you to sleep tonight, go ahead and take a gander! I’ve posted 535 blogs so far this year, and here are the most popular ones!
Ten Most Viewed Blogs Of 2018 (So Far)
A blog I did in January, 2017 about songs I like to sing both publicly, and in my car is my fifth most viewed blog of all time (#8 for 2018). Go figure! Before I became obsessed with pub trivia, I was obsessed with singing in pubs, lol…(which I still do from time to time). Photo circa 2006.
- U.S. State Borders Blog (46 views 2018, 84 all-time views) – This is a “study topic” blog I created in 2017 as a means of helping me remember state borders. In addition to providing maps of each U.S. state, I tried to include facts about each of the 50 states, too! I described Helen Keller as a “bad-ass.” She was! This one seems to be particularly popular with foreign blog visitors. I’ve had blog visitors from all over the world, but a couple of my most frequent visitors (outside of the United States) appear to be from the Philippines and Canada.
- Trivia Recap – April 18, 2016 (Sporcle Live League Championship) (33 views 2018, 86 all-time views, #3 all-time) -Nothing really fascinating to read here, just a recap of one of many trivia tournaments in which we didn’t win any money! I think a team called One is the Loneliest Number took the big prize on this day.
- Dreamworks Movies Blog (30 views 2018, 35 all-time views, #7 all-time) – Yet another “study topic” trivia blog I did which basically lists all of the animated Dreamworks films and the box offices grosses. It’s just a listing of movies, no commentary, opinions, etc. This one probably needs updating…
- Trivia Recap – May 8, 2018 (Powell’s Pub) (28 views, #12 all-time) – Every now and then, there will be a trivia recap I write that gets re-viewed again… and again after I initially post it. This is one of them. I’m not really sure why, but it does contain a lot more commentary than normal, most of it about “Goldilocks and the Three Bears.” Who am I to explain why you readers do what you do with my blog site? I’m just happy you’re here, lol!
- Trivia Recap – Jan. 21, 2018 – Oscar’s Sports and Grill (22 views) – We had a question about presidential facial hair on this night. If you would like to read a blog I wrote about presidential facial hair, click here (I had a LOT of fun writing this one, you would be hard-pressed to find a bigger fangirl of U.S. presidents than yours truly). Except I’m not a fan of ALL of the U.S. presidents. And that’s all I gotta say about THAT… (ahem). I honestly don’t know why this blog has been read more than some of the others…but I did learn a valuable lesson on this trivia night – NEVER sit in the seats closest to the kitchen if you’re sitting at the bar! It’s VERY difficult to hear questions from this spot, and it’s distracting having the kitchen staff almost constantly hanging out there.
- Trivia Recap – April 20, 2017 – Wurst Bar (19 views 2018, 134 all-time views, #2 all time) – I had a “helper” from another team playing on this trivia night and honestly do not know what else is so special about this blog. Yet it’s my second-most viewed blog of all time! Go figure…
- Trivia Recap – Jan. 28, 2018 – Oscar’s Sports and Grill (17 views) – This one contains photos of both Adam Ant AND Paula Abdul. Honestly, I don’t know why this is one of my most-viewed blogs of 2018! But the numbers don’t lie!
- Best “Singable” ’80s Songs (17 views 2018, 49 all-time views, #5 all time) – This is just an opinion piece I did about my favorite ’80s songs to sing either publicly (karaoke) or just in my car. It includes a grainy photo of me singing karaoke in 2006 (Here I Go Again by Whitesnake). You readers will have to tell ME why this is one of my most popular blogs! I just write ’em, YOU guys read ’em!
- Trivia Recap – April 10, 2018 – Powell’s Pub (16 views) – We got a question correct about whales after having previously flunked two questions about whales. I think that was the highlight of this trivia night! I included a photo of a rabbit in our back yard, which we have named “Senor Bun-Bun.” Bunnies are so cute!
- “Mini Recap” of April 4 Venue Tournament Game (Corner Brewery) (13 views) -This was kind of a “teaser” blog, if you will. Our team had failed to win a tournament spot that night in a venue tournament at Corner Brewery, but I still included a few tournament questions.
That’s it for now! Let’s see if any of these blogs withstand the test of time!